Friday, May 9, 2008

Father daughter bonding

Just came from hanging out with my dad. It was actually nice and we got to get a lot of things out in the open about my past and his past.

I brought him my scrapbook, high school yearbooks, and literary magazines as a way for him to see what him missed out on in reference to my childhood. He read my poetry and complimented the amount of talent I should through my work.

I asked some tough questions and he gave me answers that I may not have wanted to hear but I needed to hear. It was just nice to talk to him and feel like I matter to him. I really enjoyed having a chance to talk to him without being angry at him.

Well at any rate, I feel that today was a great start in order to build a relationship with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...