Sunday, February 11, 2018

New source for vegan pizza & vegan garlic bread in Fresno!

As I was looking on Instagram recently, one of the accounts I follow veganinfresno posted a sexy food photo of a vegan pizza and vegan garlic bread. Yesterday, hubby and I decided to stop by and see if the food was as good as it looked. I was super excited since usually you can only get access to vegan garlic bread by going down south to LA so I was hopeful that the food would be delicious.  

They just recently started offering a separate vegan menu and it has been very successful. Due to the Instagram post, the restaurant has seen a enormous increase in vegan customers and unfortunately they had run out of vegan cheese when we were there placing our order. The restaurant manager Rose was very friendly and accommodating in answering questions regarding if they use nuts in any of their food. Rose answered no but she doubled checked to make sure things were okay. After looking at the menu for a minute, I decided to the vegan garlic bread and a combination pizza. It was at this point that Rose broke the news to use that unfortunately, there was only enough cheese for either the garlic bread or the pizza but not both. I really wanted the garlic bread so we decided to have no cheese on our pizza. She the shared that since the Instagram photo, tons of vegans have visited the restaurant which led to the cheese shortage. 

After waiting a few minutes, the garlic bread arrived at our table and it was as good as I though it would. They use Teese cheese and it came with a side marinara and curry sauce. The marinara was perfectly and the curry had a nice subtle burn. The pizza was delicious and I liked that the offer vegan sausage. Overall it was a great meal and we'll definitely visit here again.

Entrance to Curry Pizza Company


Vegan menu
Vegan garlic bread with sauce



Vegan combination pizza w/o cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...