Sunday, April 19, 2020

COVID-19 Work Chronicles Week 3 & Returning To Telework

     This week at work has been busy. My boss has had me revamp the look of our library website homepage.If you want to see my work in action, visit www.kingscountylibrary.org. Other website changes included creating online form to apply for a library card, request reference assistance., established virtual chat service, and an online application to request a book from our Zip Books program.

    The main reason my boss is pressing so hard for new online services is because this week (April 19-April 25) is National Library Week. Originally, we assumed the library was going to be open and was planning to hold fine forgiveness week. Given the current state of the world, we've decided to promote our new online services by posting to our website and social media during the upcoming week.

  My boss informed library staff was on Friday that we're going to have to start teleworking again in an effort to promote social distancing and reduce the total number of staff inside the library at any one given time.I'm planning to be in the library Monday and Friday then work from home Tuesday-Thursday. At least I'm fortunate enough to has a job that makes it easy for me to work from home by providing remote access to my work desktop and files from home so I can update the library's website, answer chat reference and watch webinars to meet professional development requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...