Sunday, January 23, 2022

Award Winner at First Annual SoCal Yeppies

     On May 12, 2001, I was nominated to become a member of the Yelp Elite Squad. On Thursday, January 20, Yelp held their first annual 2021 Southern California (SoCal) Yelpie Awards via Zoom. 


During the course of the evening, the band Cold Blooded Soul gave two musical performances, a bartender who made an alcoholic and nonalcoholic drink, and a comedian did a five minute comedy routine.




Intermixed with each of the above performances a total of seven categories were announced and a total of 43 Yelp Elites were selected for the awards listed below.

I was surprised and honored to be chosen to win an award for "Keeping Yelp Useful," The award explanation can be seen below. 


Below is a photo of me and the other Yelp Elite Squad members who were also also selected for the Keeping Yelp Useful award.


After the event, I took a photo at the virtual photo booth that was created for Yelp Elite Squad members and took the below photo.


I looked forward to receiving a Yelpie trophy as well as a curated box of local goods and Yelp swag. I feel so happy to be celebrated for my contributions to Yelp and look forward to being a Yelp Elite Square member for many more years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...