Friday, July 5, 2024

Reunited (And It Feels So Good)

 I recently had an opportunity to visit my old library system, the Kings County Library system in Hanford, CA after having left in April 2021and I was able to catch up with my old co-workers. First, I visited my old job headquarters was suprised to see Chris, a former co-worker I used to supervise and had retired before I left the library for another job back working in the library. After seening Chris, it was also fun to catch up with co-workers as well as a former library graduate student whose work I supervised and is now worrking as the digital services librarian for the library system. 

Kings County Library - Hanford Branch

Me and employee Chris 

Me and co-worker Brian

Me and co-worker Sherman

Me and work BFF Farrah

Me and co-worker Ashley

Following visitng the Hanford Branch library, I stopped by the Lemoore Branch library to see my favorite co-worker Barbara. Me and Barbara worked closely together on various work projects so I was happy to see that she was promoted to Lemoore branch lead after I left Kings County to work at the Beaumont Library.
 
Kings County Library - Lemoore Branch

Me and former co-worker Barbara

After visiting with Barbara in Lemoore, I stopped by another library branch that I used to supervise which was the Stratford branch library and see Viviana, a favorite employee I supervised.

Kings County Library - Stratford Branch 

Me and former employee Viviana

After visiting eveyone at the various library locations, I ended my visit to Kings County by visiting Jodi, a former library patron who later become a wonderful friend.

Me and former library patron/friend Jodi

Having finished my visit to my old library and seeing old co-workers, I was happy to see that everyone is finding ways to adapt to changes in the library system such as having a new library director.

Overall, I left Kings County feeling glad that despite being gone for years, everyone was still happy to see me and was transparent about how things hae been since I left as well as life outside of the library.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reunited (And It Feels So Good)

 I recently had an opportunity to visit my old library system, the Kings County Library system in Hanford, CA after having left in April 202...