Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Race Recap: Rock N Roll San Jose Half Marathon

This past Sunday, I completed my third Rock N Roll half marathon for the year in San Jose. This was a special race for me because I also had the opportunity to run with my friend/play cousin Martinus aka 300 pounds and running. It was fun vising the expo, pointing out my name on the list of women running the half marathon and seeing Martinus represent the Oakland Marathon as a race ambassador.


 


 

The morning of race day was exciting as well as daunting since this was going to be the first time I was planning to complete a race using walk run intervals. Although me and Martinus discussed running a 90/30 (90 seconds running and 30 seconds walking,) after completing this interval once, we decided to instead run a 60/60 (60 seconds running and 60 seconds walking.) Unfortunately, I chose to run to fast during the 60 second running intervals so I burned out by mile 10 while Martinus stuck with a steady 60 second run and 60 second walk and was able to finish 3 minutes ahead of me so he finished in 3:23:42 while I finished in 3:25:19.It was a great race that I'll definitely do again and from now on, I'm gonna follow the run/walk intervals to a tee and focus on being steady while I run versus expending all my energy before the race is over.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...