Thursday, November 15, 2018

Meeting my Sheroes at Womxn + Femmes of Color Conference

I was recently listening to one of my favorite podcasts "Gettin Grown" with Jade and Keia which is based in New York and Washington. I was surprised when they announced that they would visiting LA to speak at the Womxn + Femmes of Color Conference at Cal State LA on  Friday, November 2, 2018. 

I decided to go because not only would I get to see Jade and Keia in person and the event was free to attend, but I attended the event because I wanted to support the mission of women of color. Below are photos from the conference.
 

Womxn + Femmes of color t-shirt and ticket

Jade and Keia at ABC's of Adulting Session

Jade and Keia giving introductions

Me with Gettin Grown podcast hosts Jade and Keia

Latina panel presentation 1 

Chicana presentation

Latino panel presentation

Indigenous women presentation





No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...