Monday, September 28, 2020

Day Trip to Socal and the Hunt for Vegan Fried Chicken

This past weekend, hubby and I took a trip down to southern Cal so I could try out some vegan chicken from Original Herbivore which is a restaurant I discovered on Instagram. While waiting for the Original Herbivore to open, we went one of our favorite vegan restaurants Veggie Grill. While at Veggie Grill, I tried their new deli sandwich while hubby had their new rueben sandwich. Both sandwiches were delicious! 
Veggie Grill Encino and sandwiches

After eating lunch at Veggie Grill, we drove to Sherman Oaks so I could try the vegan chicken at Original Herbivore. While there, we ordered a bucket of vegan chicken which came with tater tots, biscuits, coleslaw and bbq vegan wings. The vegan chicken was crunchy and wingz were moist and chewy.
Food from Original Herbivore Sherman Oaks

Yesterday there was a chicken celebration food truck event in Fresno which is not took far from where live so we decided to go since one of my favorite Fresno food truck's (Plant Slayer) was going to be there and they were going to have a special vegan fried chicken bucket with 8 piece of vegan legs and thighs. The vegan chicken was good and even better since it came with four dipping sauces" buffalo, ranch, bbq and honey mustard.
Vegan 8 piece bucket from Plant Slayer food truck


The vegan chicken I had this week was different yet enjoyable and I'm so happy that there are creative people working to find new ways to replicate food they used to enjoy before becoming vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...