Monday, November 2, 2020

Election Poll Worker Chronicles: Day 2

Day two of working at the election polls went well. We began the day by saying the poll workers oath followed by setting up signs outside of the poll location. I am stationed at the exit table and my job is to make sure all ballots are placed in the correct boxes as well as giving voters their I voted stickers if they want one. 



Scenes from day 2 of election poll work

One interesting thing from day 2 of election poll work were how many older people were registering to vote for the first time. I remember at least two people who told me and my table co-worker that they were voting for the first time at age 60.In addition, it was interesting to see the increased flow of traffic before and after yesterday's football games. Since Monday is the last day of early voting, I'm anticipating a larger more steady voter turn out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...