Thursday, November 5, 2020

Election Poll Worker Chronicles: Day 4 (Election Day)

Day four of election poll work was long but rewarding. My day started at 6:30am and before the polls officially opened at 7am, we set up tables outside the lobby area so that voter can have an area to complete voter registration paperwork. The lines quickly developed and stayed steady throughout the day. We stayed busy until after 8pm and the last voter left around 8:30pm. After the final voter left, we locked up the polling location so the inspector and all the election clerks could count the paper, electronic, and vote by mail ballots received that day. After the ballots were all counted, then we took down all the voting equipment before leaving for the evening. I finished the day happy to have helped so many people successfully vote, receive a pin for being a poll worker and hit my step goal of over 10,000 steps a day.   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...