Sunday, October 3, 2021

Adult Short Fiction Book Club and Celebrating 110 Year Library Anniversay

Shortly after starting my new job at the library, I came up the idea to create a short fiction book club as a way to give others the feeling of accomplishment of reading a book without a long term page commitment. Having said this, I held my first virtual book club meeting on last month. Below are first four books I've picked for the book club and which are all under 200 pages. 




On Friday, October 1, the Beaumont Library District celebrated its 110 year anniversary. On this day, special edition mugs were given to the first 110 patrons who checked out library items and refreshments were provided to all library visitors. Below is a graphic I made for the library's website and social media account using Canva as well as a photo of me holding one of the special edition mugs.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...