Tuesday, November 11, 2003

I went to work yesterday and was greeted with the news that A. had gotten engaged over the weekend. Of course, I was happy for her, however, this also put me into a state of....limbo? Okay, so that may not be the exact word I'm looking for,but for now, it'll do.

It's not like I'm trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, I just hate feeling like I'm competeing with people over reaching major milestones in life. I case you have'nt figured it out yet, me and A. are both 24.

I feel that how I choose to live my life and the decisions I make are completely up to me. The problem is my family has yet to see this. According to them, I'm supposed to be married by now. Don't you find it odd how the people who always give their opinions have no postive experience to back it up?

For example, my mom (whom I love dearly) has been constantly on my case saying "you and D. should be married by now since you've been dating for five years." My whole thing with that is my mom's been married to my dad three times of course she's be advising me to go get hitched and I do kinda think she still has a torch for him. But hey, that's just me.

I suppose I'm finally realizing that the phrase "misery loves company" is alive and kicking.It seems as thoguh some married people who get divorced and are miserable want nothing more than to have a new member join the sad little club.This way, they'll have someone to gripe with as opposed to their regular circle of friends. I just feel that if you are in a crappy relationship, you are the last person in the world that should be giving anyone relationship advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...