Monday, November 10, 2003

Why complain when it's free? (with free cooking tips!)

I went on trip yesterday with my church to Nashville. We came, we sung, the pastor preached, and the afterwards, we ate.Although we had a pretty decent time there, some people still had something negative to say.

Call me crazy if you like, but I personally feel that if you are lucky enough to get anything free, especially if it's a free meal, you should thankful for your good luck. Unfortunately for me, I was with some ghetto kids who loaded down their plates with food then have the nerve to critize the quality of the food. That's enough to make you want to slap someone....repeatedly.

My whole thing is this, why would you load down your plate if you've never tasted the food before? I mean sure, food is the same all around however, there is some food that if not cooked properly, it can be god-awful. Take stuffing for example.

I'm not even going to pretend that I'm some culinary guru or anything but there is a wrong way to make something and a right way. If nothing else, at least have enough sense to read the instructions before even attempting to cook. I learned a long time ago that most cooking mishaps (the burnt food, the halfway cooked turkey, etc) were the result of not reading.This doesn't mean that reading will secure cooking success because it doesn't but it definitely helps.

In order to have cooking success, you also need to know how to measure things. Once again, I don't cook very often but I do know that importance of knowing the difference between a teaspoon and a tablespoon.

I guess what it all comes down to is why do people complain about things when they got it for free? That's like getting a million dollars and the complaining because you go taxed .99 cents. Why don't you just shut up and enjoy it? Don't you know how many people would kill for what you've just gotten for free! People never fail to amaze me by how ungrateful they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...