Monday, January 8, 2018

Hometown for the holidays

Happy New Year!!!!! Over the last week of the December, me and hubby visited my hometown of Huntsville, Alabama and I also ran my first race of 2018 which I'll write about in a later post. The trip was filled with high points (hanging out with my best friend and finding out the sex of a another friends twin babies) as well as lows ( a friend passed away at the young age of 34.) I was happy to be able to see family and to maintain my running workout schedule. Below are some photos from my trip to Huntsville and  I posted all of my trip photos on Facebook.

Also my friend Martinus Evans from the 300 pounds and running podcast was highlighted in Runner's World magazine so of course I had to buy the magazine and support my friend. As a bigger runner, I'm excited to see more magazines and society are starting to show more runners that look like me or just look different from the white, skinny runners I usually see highlighted.

Free gift wrapping table at Huntsville airport

Working out with hubby

Me and hubby taking a morning walk

Fried chickun tofu from Huntsville Whole Foods

Me with best friend and her son

Me holding magazine with friend's photo
A lake seen while workout out


Me with mom and little sister

Me with step mom and dad

Hubby, bro-in-law, me, mom and little sister 

Hubby in front of Star Wars Christmas tree

Me and hubby having dinner with friends

It was super cold in Huntsville

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...