Monday, January 8, 2018

Starting 2018 on a high note

Each year, I recommit to my healthy and fitness by completing a running event within the first week on the year. This year I decided to run a 5K (3.1 mile) New Years' Day race in Orlando, Florida. A major difference with this race versus other races I've done is that I've been running consistently for the last couple of months using the Nike Run Club app as a way to train for future running events. I happy to not only complete my first race in 39:51, but I was shocked to receive a third place medal for my age group!Here are some photos from race day.

Moss Park - race location

Warming up in hubby's coat before race
Me with third page age medal

Showing of finisher and age medal on podium






      
Finisher medal and age medal

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...