Sunday, May 31, 2020

Physical Races Cancelled = Influx Of Virtual Races

 Initially, I had planned to have run several races this year such as the Las Vegas Women's 1/2 Marathon in Las Vegas in March, and the Havasu 1/2 Marathon and Star Wars 1/2 Marathon in April.

In addition, 2020 was going to be the year I completed my first international race which was going to be the Disneyland Paris 1/2 Marathon in September. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, all of my races were cancelled. Luckily, the race directors were able to reschedule the Las Vegas Women's 1/2 Marathon for October 18, 2020 and the Havasu 1/2 Marathon for March 27, 2021.

While I was bummed that my physical races were cancelled (because I like running with others and earning races medals.) 

Luckily, the Rock N Roll running series decided to create a free virtual run club and I joined in in April. Here are some of the virtual race medal I earned by completing various running distances.











No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...