Sunday, October 22, 2017

Orange County 10K & Black Girls Run (BGR) Meet Up Recap


   
Last month, I attended my first Black Girls Run (BGR) national race meet up by meeting & participating in the Lexus Orange County 10K race in Irvine, California on September 9, 2017. It was awesome meeting BGR members from as far as Florida and Texas as well as meeting a member of the brother organization Black Men Run (BMR). I'm excited to see that BGR has spread to so many states and hope that I can eventually start a chapter for the Central California area since currently the nearest BGR chapters to me are in San Franciso or Los Angeles which are both over 2 hours away from me.
Me with new BGR friends before the race
Repping the south with new friends from Florida


Waiting with Black Girls Run (BGR) meet-up before the race starts


Me running the Orange County 10K
         
Me and a new friend who also lived in Huntsville, AL



Me with double bling after Orange County 10K

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...