Monday, October 30, 2017

Reaching a running accomplishment and body positive reading

     As I mentioned in a previous post, I've recently started running again and have decided to focus on consistently running at a minimum three miles five to six days a week. Yesterday, I hit a running milestone of running 5 miles non stop which is a big accomplishment for me considering I've never  run that much without feeling winded or tired. Below is a screenshot of my first 5 miles non-stop run. I'm exited to see how my running improves in the next couple of month and how this will impact future races that I run.




I also just finished reading "A Beautiful Work in Progress" by Mirna Valerio. Although I've never met Mirna is person, she is one of my running sheroes. She is a unapologetic plus size runner and has run marathons as well as trail races and ultramarathons. I love that Mirna is honest about her journey to accepting her body and embracing what she can do with her body despite not looking like the slim sterotypical runner and runs not for the purpose of weight loss but for the love of running. This book is a wonderful read about a woman redefining what a runner looks like. Reading this book inspires me to celebrate my body as it currently is, embrace the power that comes from exercising regularly and lastly, don't be afraid to test my body's limits by increasing my race distances. At the end of the day, the only person the can stop you from achieving your goals is you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...