Saturday, March 21, 2020

Day 2 of COVID-19 California Lockdown

     Continuing to keep calm by doing regular daily routines of exercising first thing in the morning as well as bi-weekly washing of hair. Due to Rona and the whole social distancing situation, I told Den that I didn't feel comfortable going to church since it's a gathering of older people and every Saturday after church services, we have group lunch and everyone sits next to eat other and talk. I have a feeling we're going to stay home from church for the foreseeable future to protect ourselves.

     Another way we've decided to protect ourselves from Rona is to start wearing disposable gloves and a mask when we go to public places such as grocery stores, restaurants, and pharmacies. Although there haven't been any confirmed cases of Rona in Kings County, we feel it's smart to protect our hands, nose, and mouths from any germs that may be out in public spaces. Having said all this, I was surprised when we received a somewhat hostile reaction from two men as we were paying for medicine at CVS yesterday. The men noticed we were wearing gloves and a face mask and asked why were we wearing those since there were no confirmed cases in our county. My hubby responded that we're protecting ourselves from germs and the many responded that we were being silly and he didn't believe that the virus is that serious. Hubby responded "ok" and we got our items and left the store. During the car ride home, hubby commented "so this is what Noah must've felt like when he was building the ark; people are laughing at him for what he's doing. Once the flood started, those that laughed at him in the past were now the people begging to be let on the ark."

      On to a new topic, yesterday was my first day of working from home and by this, I mean posting things to the library's social media accounts, checking my work email and voicemail for the library's reference desk phone. While I thought it would be easy to create a separation between work and home life, I now realize this is harder than I thought it would be. Mainly I realize that when I'm doing work, I need to do it at a separate space such as our kitchen table so I can focus on the task at hand without any distractions.

     Well, this is my update for the day. Stay safe & well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...