Sunday, March 29, 2020

Quarantine Life On Hold Heading Back to Work

    On Friday evening, my boss called me and asked my to meet with her and my colleagues on Saturday regarding reopening the library to staff. During the meeting with my boss, she said that the library shouldn't sit and so nothing during this crisis. To that end, she directed me and my colleagues to be back at work starting on Monday. Although we will still be closed tentatively until Monday, April 13, we will be open to staff starting Monday.After the meeting on Saturday, I had to call the two employees I supervise and inform them that they are expected to be at work Monday morning.

     At this point, according to our county health department website, there have been 88 samples collected, 77 negative tests received, 10 people are being monitored, and 2 confirmed cases.Since the reality of things is that I'm going back to work, I'm praying daily that no one at my job is sick and asymptomatic and that when I get COVID-19, it will be mild and I'll recover.


     On the exercise front, I'm been really enjoying virtual runs on YouTube. Since the half marathon I was planning to do today has been postponed, I decided to complete a virtual half marathon at home and below is a photo from the race route. Since there's not a large place for me to run, this is a nice alternative.



          In other news, I've been making some headway in reference to completing the two books challenges I'm doing for the year. This is the latest book that I've read for the 2020 Popsugar Reading Challenge which is a wonderful read since it focuses on black women, the importance of seeing yourself reflected in books and the desire to create your own story when you don't see it represented in literature. I enjoyed this book so much, I'm planning to buy my own personal copy and plan to use this to create my own reading challenge for next year. I plan to create two new blog pages with the two 2020 reading challenge I'm currently doing so this can help others discover new books to read.

       

      Lastly, I had a nice convo with my mom today and was happy to hear her voice on the phone. It's comforting to know that even though I'm living on the other side of the country, my mom still thinks about me and prays for me, hubby and his family. Our conversation was good and mom said that she's using this current time as an opportunity to strengthen her relationship with God. I couldn't agree with her more and am also using this time to look back at the past by reading my old journals as well as reorganize home and throw old junk away. During this crisis, it's important to focus on today and not try to look too far into the future since it's uncertain. Stay safe & well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...