Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Day 5 of COVID-19 California Lockdown

     Yesterday was day 5 of statewide self isolation and me working from home. Started the day with doing a workout followed by getting a phone call from my dad calling in Alabama to check on me and hubby. It was nice to hear from him and how he's holding up given the current circumstances. He talked about how much he misses sports and he's annoyed cause he can't walk his dog due to rain.He's planning to have a family reunion in Texas in June and after talking to him yesterday, it seems as though he's still planning to make that happen.

     In reference to working at home, since I work as digital services librarian, I'm still working and my boss is keeping me busy by sending me things to post to our social media accounts in addition to posts I've already pre-scheduled.I'm working hard to balance working from home and not feeling stressed by all things my boss wants from me. Being candid, The stress from working at home has led me to revert back to stress eating as a coping mechanism. Although I have still been following a daily fasting schedule (14 hours fasting and 10 hours eating,) today I am recommitting myself to taking each day as it comes, taking breaks during the day and remembering that I can only do one thing at a time to the best of my ability. 

     Initially I was planning to write a blog post each day but since I haven't figured out the best time to do write posts or I feel like I'm not sharing anything new, I'm seriously considering reducing blog posts to once a week which doing the time that I'm quarantined but we shall see. Stay safe & well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...