Friday, March 27, 2020

Update during COVID-19 California Lockdown

     I have decided to no attempt to update my blog everyday but to instead provide updates as I get new information. Since COVID-19 has gotten more widespread, I've been checking our local county health department website for updates on how many samples have been collected, negative test received, how many people are being monitored and have many cases have been confirmed. Up until yesterday, our county and one other county (Mariposa County) has had no confirmed cases. Unfortunately, as of today, our county how has two confirmed case of COVID-19. According to the local ABC news website, one patient is a Kings County resident and is quarantining at how and the second patient is a non-resident but they're being treated in Kings County. Me and hubby were not really surprised by this news in that given the global reach of COVID-19, it's not a matter of if your county gets it but when it will get it.


     In reference to work, my boss has requested than me and co-workers send her a weekly write up of any work from home things we do (regular duties as well as covid related duties.) Luckily, I have been writing down everything I've been doing so this will definitely make writing the report easier. I am still scheduling social media posts for our seven Facebook accounts and one Twitter account. To create a better work/life balance, I have decided to do work during the usual hours when I would be at work during the week.In addition, I am still sticking to eating at my normal work lunchtime as well as taking a walk break everyday.

     Life wise, I have been doing well by keeping up a daily routine by exercising daily, writing in my journal then reading a daily bible devotional before starting my workday. Working out everyday has been a surprising godsend and have been extremely helpful with stress relief. While being quarantined at home, my and hubby have been taking daily walks to a nearby park or around the neighborhood. I have also discovered and rediscovered my love of YouTube exercise workouts. Below are three of my favorite Youtube workouts I have done lately from Jessica Smith TV, City Walks virtual walks and Phala B Fitness. Stay safe & well!






No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...