Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Desserted Again (Poem)

Desire plagues me both night and day as I savor the memories of our last tryst.

Counting down the hours,
                                       minutes,
                                                   seconds
                                                              until we are reunited is an exquisite type of torture.

Finally, liberation!

Racing home to claim my prize, I lose track of my surroundings, 
                                                      begin to lose my bearings as I prepare to slip into the comfort you give. 

Frantically, I twist and turn you,
                                                 flip and flop you,
                                                                         gasping for another taste.

Alas, you have left me wanting and alone; the last cookie is gone!

Written 10.17.19

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...