Sunday, June 28, 2020

Reflections of Mom (Poem)

Life has never been easy for you.

Raising three children alone,
never having any time for yourself to relax,
family judging all your choices,
highlighting all your mistakes,
making you feel less than.

Children are more observant than you think;
we see injustice but can't speak.
Words don't come easy for us.
Instead, we absorb everything we see.
Like a sponge, sadness leaks out of every pore as I see you being mistreated time and time again.

Family never help
only 
help themselves
to your
kindness, 
selflessness,
loyalty,
devotion.

Your work is not in vain for you know that all you give will one day be given back to you.

By watching your life,
you taught me how important it is to:
get up early,
work hard,
trust God,
things will work out even when it seem the won't.
God is faithful.

In the raging storms of life,
you are the tranquil shore off in the distance.
You did the best you could with what you were given -
given me life, steadfastness, and a love of reading.
I will never be able to fully repay you but I will never story trying.

You are loved.
You are worthy.
You are divine. 

Written 6.28.20

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 52 Book Club's 2024 Reading Challenge

Each year, I take on different reading challenges as a way to get outside of my reading comfort zone. For 2024, I plan to read a total of 10...